Tuesday 10 February 2015

Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara Review (AHMAZING!)

Hi Gals,

Today I am doing a review on a mascara that I have been using for years and absolutely love love love (you get the point haha?!) - Maxfactor's false lash effect. I have tried and tested many mascaras, but I always end up coming back to this one, and if you read on you will find out exactly why!

I think out of all make-up products, mascara is my favourite, and so because of that I am very fussy when it comes to picking the right one. I don't know how many I have bought whereby the product ends up below your lashes, on your eyelid, it doesn't come off at night etc so if Maxfactor ever discontinue the False Lash Effect, I think I will have some sort of a meltdown. That is a tad dramatic I know, but now you see how much I adore it!

First off, you need to apply at least 2 layers to see results, and I tend to apply around 3.

There are two different colours you can get, brown and black. I use the black as the brown wouldn't show up on my lashes and it would be more suited to those who have fair skin and hair.

It is only €15 and can be found in any chemist that sells the Maxfactor brand.

The mascara adds length to your lashes and also thickness as long as you apply a few layer as I have mentioned. What I also love is the fact it makes your lashes really dark. A boy once told me on a night out to "Take off those false eyelashes you have on",  but I don't think he quite believed me when I said it was just mascara I had on! I am regularly asked if I am wearing false eyelashes (I put my hands up to those of you who have the patience to put them on during the day) so now do you see how good it is?! :) :)

What I tend to do is apply my foundation, fill in my eyebrows, and put on one layer of mascara. Then I apply my blusher and by that time the first layer of mascara will have dried so I can apply some more. This is the best way to do it - waiting a few minutes in between applying each layer because if you don't, you end up with really clumpy mascara and your eyelashes look as if they have all emerged into one, and I don't think that is the look we are going for haha.

In regards to taking it off at night, I have no problem. I just clean my face as normal and if there is still some residue left, I use an eye make-up remover. I remember once buying a mascara that was somewhat impossible to take off at night. Nothing seemed to work and I ended up looking like I was hungover for about a week as it seemed to be permanently stuck to my lashes, but hey, you live and learn!

So, if any of you are in search of a new mascara, I would definitely give this one a try, and if you do I would love to know how you got on with it. I am prettyyyy confident though that you all will love it ;) No pressure Emma!

Talk soon everyone,

Love,

Emma

x









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig