Monday 23 January 2017

RI SS17 Press Day


Hi everyone!

Happy Monday. This is my first post of 2017 and all I can say is that I am delighted to be back in the swing of blogging again. I know that I let it slip by the wayside for the last couple of months but I am ready to provide you all with the best possible content for the year ahead - starting off with the River Island Spring/Summer 17 press day that I attended last week in Dublin.



I don't know if it's because I work with clothes everyday but it was so nice to walk into the press office and see lots of bright colours and patterns, a sign that Spring is on its way. I think that most of us at this stage are ready to hang up the winter woollies and brighten up our wardrobes. 


Pictured above is my favourite item from the day - the embellished playsuit. I know that it won't be to everyone's taste but it got a great reaction on my social media channels so I think there will be a quick dash to RI stores when it hits the rails. It would be ahhmazzzing if you are attending a big festival during the summer, abroad on holidays during the day paired back with a pair of sandals or even for a night on the town in Ireland!



Pastel colours, denim and print were a recurring theme and honestly, I could have bought almost everything I looked at. River Island is without a doubt one of my favourite high street stores and I think that every season they release pieces that are classic, timeless and appear a lot more expensive than what they are. 




For my own outfit, I wore a Julien Mc Donald blazer and PVC trousers both from Debenhams, an embroidered shirt from Penney's and my trusty black shoes from the Savida section in Dunnes. 




My bag is Carvela by Kurt Geiger and it is my new pride and joy! :) It matches everything and I know that I will have it for years to come. I'm slowly but surely embracing black, it's not a look I would normally go for but it's good to switch things up every now and then!


This suit really caught my eye as I loved the colour and thought it was very funky paired with the white trainers, a real street style look.


These lines will be hitting stores within the next few weeks and I will catch up with you all very soon. Have a great week and as a little challenge ... do one thing that pushes you out of your comfort zone.

Until next time,

Emma

x



Share:

1 comment

  1. Hey Emma, anything about fashion blog makes me halt any work I am doing. I love seeing pictures of clothes and their brands and cosmetics. Your collection is really cool. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig