Monday 16 February 2015

Colour Blocking


Hi everyone :)

Hope your Monday isn't too painful, and if so have a read of this post to brighten (quite literally) up your day.

Colour Blocking is a trend that I absolutely lurveee, primarily because I love bright colours, but also because it is a great way of breaking away from black and wearing something that is really funky and different. A lot of people automatically think “rainbow” when they hear Colour Blocking, but if you read on, I will show you how to look less of a tie dye experiment gone wrong, and more of a bright confident diva.

First off, the trend is all about wearing two or three different colours at the same time but there are certain colours that blend well together and they are:

  • Orange and Blue
  • Pink and Orange
  • Yellow/Lime Green and Pink
  • Purple and Orange

As you will see in the pictures below, the trend is loved by a lot of Celebrities, but

I think my favourite look is Rihanna's, although that girl could wear a bin bag and still make it look glamorous. I think the reason she is my favourite is because you know she doesn't give two hoots whether people like or not, she is wearing it with confidence because she likes it, and that is what it is all about.












This trend can fall into the same category as Pattern Clashing because it isn't one for the faint hearted, but please just forget about what you think everyone will be saying, and wear it for you. I will admit it took me a while to get used to the idea that some people many need sunglasses to look at me haha, but after time, I slowly became accustomed to the idea, and now I love it. Plus, it saves a lot of time trying to decipher if certain colours go together in an outfit!






The way I make it work for me is that I only choose two colours to wear, and I let them do the talking. The outfit pictured below was based around blue and orange, and the fact I had orange heels was an added bonus. I kept everything else very plain, with hardly any jewellery and just a black and white bag and that is key – let your outfit be the centre of attention and everything else should be minimalistic.





In saying that, you don't have to wear a complete outfit to take on the trend. Below you will see that I brightened up my blue and white shirt dress with an orange handbag. It is still within the Orange and Blue scale, but just a bit more toned down, and that is perfectly fine also - whatever you are most comfortable with.







I hope that you took some inspiration from this post and now realise that you too can head out and rock the trend. Don't be afraid, wear the colours you like best, and you never know who could be looking at you as inspiration for their next outfit.


“You never inspire the world trying to be like it”


Take care guys and gals,

Emma

x











Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig