Wednesday 25 February 2015

The Fashion Chair's 2 month birthday.

Hi everyone,

Today I am doing a reflection on the past few weeks since I have started the blog, and also a brief outfit post. I can't believe it will be the blog's two month birthday next week, and I now realise I am talking as if I had a child, but in a way, it is my little baby! ;)

First off, it took a lot of guts for me to actually go ahead with it. It was something that played on my mind for a long time, but I didn't want to set it up just for the sake of it, especially when I was in university. I wanted to wait until I had the time to fully commit to it, and January seemed more than perfect - new year, new goals and all that jazz :) I suppose you could say that my anticipation to just go for it was greater than my fear of failure. I don't think I will never forget the butterfly's I had in my stomach the moment I clicked "publish", and people started liking the page. I said to myself "Aaaahhhh what have I done", but looking back, that was a mixture of nerves and excitement.

Under no circumstances did I expect the blog to grow as fast as it has. If someone had told me two months ago that in six weeks you will have nearly 6,000 following you, I would have said "Take a run and jump because you have clearly been hit on the head". I honestly can't thank you all enough.  I am so humbled at the fact girls contact me for advice on setting up their own blog, but most importantly, how you all interact with the page frequently and enjoy (hopefully) my posts. The opportunities I have been offered through my blog are so exciting and it all seems to be happening so fast that it does scare me haha, but it's always good to have that adrenalin. One thing I will say is that blogging is a 24 hour job, and I am still learning when it is time to switch off. I am constantly thinking on the next post, ways to re-invent the blog, plans for the future etc that it sometimes does feel as if I don't have a life, but I am loving the journey so far and look forward to seeing what else is in store. If anyone takes anything from this post, please let it be to not be scared of your dreams. Life is for living, and what have you got to lose? If you don't try you will never know, and anything is possible if you have got enough nerve.






It hasn't been all plain sailing and not long after I started the blog, I left my job. Not because I couldn't be bothered working anymore or was offered something better, I knew in my heart that it wasn't for me and it was time to leave, and being honest it wasn't an easy decision. I knew I would have no money and no guarantee that anything was going to come up, but I firmly believe that if you aren't happy then you need to do something about it, and just trust that what is for you won't pass you. Now, being a fashion blogger and wanting to buy new clothes all the time, this wasn't/still isn't an easy task haha, but I always have the glass half full and I think that's the best way to approach things. Always remember that if something no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy, whether that be a friendship, relationship, job etc walk away. Opportunities always arise when you least expect it, forget the past but learn from the lesson.

Soo that is the update on my life so to speak! I hope you found some inspiration in this post, and now realise that nothing is ever the end of the world. Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life.

Now before I lose you all to boredom haha, that brings me on to a brief outfit post that was very popular on my Facebook page with over 250 of you being a fan of it. The point of the picture was to welcome my new River Island handbag into the world, but my camel coat seemed to take the limelight haha. 








I honestly couldn't believe it when I spotted it in Tesco. They have a clothing range called F&F, and some of the stuff is beautiful! The coat was €50 which isn't all that much because it is a colour you can wear with almost everything, andddd obviously most importantly, I love it hehe! ;) I wore it with my half leather leggings from River Island, trusty Valentino inspired heels and check shirt from Penney's. I spotted it on a reduced rail so I hope they were still there for those of you that went searching for one.

I was shooting a few different outfit looks for the blog that day, so I hope to get them published soon :)

That is all from me for now, I hope you all enjoyed this post as it was a little different to normality, so happy Wednesday and talk soon :)

Emma

x






Share:

2 comments

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig