Friday 6 February 2015

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation & Blank Canvas Foundation Brush Review

Hi girlies,

Happy Friday to you all! :) I bought a new Bourjois foundation yesterday and I was so impressed by it, that I decided to do a review on it to share with you all.  I will also include a brief description on the new Blank Canvas foundation brush I bought as I was badly in need of one!






As I mentioned on my Facebook, I am a big lover of MAC, who isn't?! I have always used Studio Fix Fluid, and find it ideal especially for nights out as the coverage is amazing. I didn't have a separate foundation for daytime so I found myself using my MAC nearly all the time and being honest, I don't like feeling as if I have lots of make up on during the day. SO, that was why I was delighted to come across Bourjois Healthy Mix ! :)

First off, the smell of it is divine, sort of fruity! It has a lovely creamy texture, so it blends really well when you put it on (don't forget your base is everything , so make sure to moisturise/put on a primer prior to your foundation application)

What I love about it is that it isn't too thick, yet still provides the right amount of coverage for me. I don't know about anyone else but for daytime especially, I like to wear a foundation that gives a nice dewy radiant glow, and this one is perfect as it also hydrates your skin throughout the day. I am lucky enough to not have many problems with my skin, but seeing as I have an oily t-zone, my forehead is always my problem area and I would sometimes notice that half way through the day my foundation would be all patchy, BUT not with this one :) I don't have to top it up at all during the day, and on the foundation bottle it does say that it is supposed to last up to 16 hours, so I can verify that it does exactly as it says on the tin! ;)

I wouldn't use it for a night out as personally, I prefer something a little thicker when I know I will be hitting the dance floor, but for daytime I have found it to be great, and for €13 you can't go wrong ! I use the shade Vanilla which is no52 because I have stopped wearing tan for the meantime, but it does come in a wide variety of shades so you should find one to accommodate you.  The picture below is unedited as I wanted you to get an exact idea of what it looks like in daylight on the skin.





Now, your base is important but so are your tools and I couldn't be happier with my new foundation brush. It is by the brand Blank Canvas and it is the F20 brush. The bristles are really soft and it 100% improves the appearance of foundation when you put it on, (plus it is nice and girly with a pink handle!) It was €14 which isn't all that bad for a foundation brush when it is something you will be using on a regular basis.






So, that is my review on both items. I hope you have found the post helpful and if you try the foundation, let me know your opinion on it! I hope you will like it as much as I do.

Enjoy your Friday!

Emma x




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig