Sunday 1 February 2015

His and her Valentine's outfit inspo



Hi guys!

So it has come to that time of year again where you and your loved will celebrate St. Valentines together ;) I think the male mannequins I dress in work will more than likely be my date this year haha! ;) To make things a little easier for you on deciding what to wear, whether that be going for a meal or out dancing, I have based this post around providing you all with a few outfit ideas.  It is my first post providing male fashion too soo let's get cracking!

1. DRESSES

Not everyone likes, or feels comfortable in the same style of dress, so I have posted a few different ones catering to a variety of shapes.

First off is this beautiful royal blue lace number from iclothing.ie.  This is a midi dress so it comes to just below the knee, and I think the colour is so striking. It suits almost every hair colour and it is so elegant and classy when paired with a simple nude/black shoe/sandal. It also comes in a gorgeous red colour and at only €49, it is an absolute steal!





For those of you that like to show off your amazing figures, this dress is ideal! I love love the cut out panelling on it, especially in the middle as it gives the illusion of having that coveted Kim Kardashian waist. This dress is a little shorter than the previous one and can be found on missguided.eu for €41.99. I think a red shoe and clutch paired with this would be lovely, which obviously would be perfect for Valentine's!




I saw this powder blue dress on XPOSE one night and fell in love with it! It is another number from iclothing.ie priced at €40, so after having a nosy on their website, I can definitely say I am now a fan! This dress is particularly good for those of you that aren't a fan of showing your arms, and prefer dresses to be a little looser around the tummy area. It could be paired with black tights seeing as the nights are still a little cold, but it's also perfect for the summer months because of its colour, no harm in getting a little kick start ;) 




This LBD is from Missguided's (missguided.eu) plus size range and it retails at €42. The range caters for size 16-24 and wrap dresses are fabulousss for showing off those amazing curves! This is definitely a staple that you would have in your wardrobe for years to come.  Unfortunately the belt does not come with the dress, but it is a great example of how adding one to it can vavavoom it up a bit! It's hard to go wrong with a little black dress and slick of red lipstick!



2. JUMPSUITS AND PLAYSUITS

I LOVE jumpsuits, I think that with the right one, they can be very flattering on and suit a wide variety of shapes.  This red one (sticking with the Valentine's theme) is (Topshop and is £60 so about €75.) A black statement necklace would really bring this outfit together, along with some heels and a clutch, and I think a black leather jacket would suit this style of jumpsuit really well.   



This pink and grey floral playsuit is from none other than River Island and it is so feminine and girly at £45, approx  €60. I actually got the trousers in this print when I was in Sligo a few days ago, so I can't wait to do a blog post on them as I just love them. I think the longer sleeve on this playsuit makes it a little different to most others as it is normally either no sleeve or a long sleeve, and this style is inbetween which is funky! With this one I think pastel pink heels and a bag would be perfect for bringing out the summery colours in it, but again you can't go wrong with a nude heel and a grey one would also be spot on.  



These deep green trousers were very popular when I posted them as a preview link to my Facebook page last night, and it's easily seen why as they are amazing! Another item from Missguided (€35) I picked these tops to show you two different ways to wear them.  As they are a high waisted style, a crop top always looks well, and I chose a mustard lace one (DV8 £16.99/€25) as I thought the colour contrast was something a little different.  If crop tops aren't your thing, you could always opt for this black and white stripe cami (Topshop £29/€40 approx) and tuck it into the trousers. Black heels with both tops would be perfect. 



Next up is this black midi skirt (Miss Selfridge £30/€45 approx) This style of skirt is very on trend for the summer season, and they are so versatile as you can nearly wear any type of top or shoe with them. I have gone with this really cool multi colour top (River Island £12/€25 approx) that could be tucked inside the skirt. I think that royal blue/lime green shoes would be really cool with this outfit as it would bring out the main colours in the top.  Again you will see the mustard crop top I mentioned in the picture above, and that would also be suitable because of the skirt's high waisted style.



Now, onto the gents! What I have done here is picked a few key items and suggested different ways to wear what is in each picture. So if you think you would be interested, then read on! :) 

First up is this tweed style blazer (River Island £90/€110).  It could be paired with this white and navy collar shirt (DV8 £29.99/€40 approx) and a pair of tanned shoes which you can never go wrong with. The jeans are a slim leg and are from River Island again, priced at £40/€50.

Another idea is wearing the shirt under the navy jumper (Next €40), or to funk it up a bit you could always wear the jeans, blazer and a tshirt underneath.



This picture is centered around tanned chinos (Jack & Jones €49.95) and a skinny jean (Also Jack & Jones €59.95). The casual black jumper (Next €40) could be worn with either type of trouser. A more casual shoe such as Vans/Converse/High Top runner would set it off.

The denim shirt (River Island £28/€35) could be worn under the jumper if preferred or on its own with the chinos for a relaxed yet stylish vibe. If any of you are feeling rebellious you could always wear denim on denim ;) Again, a casual shoe would be perfect.



Finally, this look is sort of similar to the first one, only the jeans pictured are a bootcut style (DV8 £29.99/€40 approx).  With the bootcut jean, the shirt could be worn on its own if preferred, and a leather jacket would dress up the casual jumper if you wanted to wear something like that. (Topshop £60/€75 approx)





So, there you have it! I hope you all got a little inspiration as to what you might wear for your romantic night out, and I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's, even my single gals ;) Cue Beyonce's song.....haha!

All my love,

Emma x




Share:

1 comment

  1. Perfect outfits you have shared for the lovely Valentines day. I just love your post and the way you helped people with the Valentine day's idea. Great job

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig