Wednesday 4 February 2015

Here comes the bride ... !



Hi All,

On Sunday 25th January which is about two weeks past, I was privileged at having been asked to attend the Bridal Fayre in the Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny as one of the models for the dresses.  I have done some modelling before, but this was my first time in Bridal Wear so I was extremely excited! 

We arrived to the venue ahead of the event and there was a great atmosphere. There was pop up stands from businesses from all over the county and everyone was in great form. After I had a quick look around it was time to get the hair and make-up done (what girl doesn't enjoy that!), and then it was off for a dress fitting to decide who was going to wear what. Pure Occasion wear were also in attendance for the catwalk and their dresses were amazing as always.

You will see below a front and back picture of my dress, and a sneak peak of my second dress which also showcases the amazing work of The House of Beauty and HairDos. Bridal Elegance who are based in Derry were the suppliers of the wedding dresses, and everyone looked dashing, including the grooms ;) 

I was slightly nervous at having to open the show and walk first as I had a million and one things running through my head "What if I slip" "Don't fall Emma" "Imagine everyone naked" (Supposedly this is a tactic to make you feel more at ease?!) Either way, despite the catwalk being rather slippy (I had a "What would Naomi do in this case?" moment) and put my best foot forward without making a somewhat fool of myself (I hope haha). The second time round was definitely a lot more relaxing seeing as we all knew what to expect. All in all it was a great experience and a very fun day. The only thing I will say is that I told my mother to lap it all up, because it could very well be the first and last time she would see me in a wedding dress ;) 

Happy Wednesday Everyone! 







A cheeky make up selfie in between the changing of dresses !




I was in love with the back of my dress! :)






Finnoula from the House of Beauty working her magic !







Hair was thanks to HairDos and they did a fab job on everyone. I didn't get a full length picture of my second dress but you can see a little sneak peak of it here :)




Now that I have the dress, all I need is a husband ! ;) haha


Talk soon,

Emma x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig