Thursday 27 August 2015

A day out at Zen Day Spa



Hi Everyone! :) Hope you are all having a good week so far and if not, just remember that tomorrow is Fridayyy! This week I was told I have been longlisted for 'Best Fashion Blog' in the Irish Blog Awards and I was honestly overwhelmed. I was beyond excited to be nominated for the awards and to have got through to the next stage is amazing and so humbling. I am listed amongst some of Ireland's biggest bloggers and if I make the short list I will let you all know, but if not I am honoured to have got this far. 



The day I got the news I was in Newry because I was kindly invited to Zen Day Spa to have a few treatments done. I was able to bring one other person with me and I chose Mum, my partner in crime! :) We had never been to Newry before so it was nice to be somewhere different for a change.  





The treatments that were organised for us were a full body massage, facial and oil head massage, it was simply divine. :) We filled out a brief information sheet when we arrived and had to outline our current skincare routine. We then changed into our robes and headed into the treatment rooms. 







Una and Carole were our therapists. They were the loveliest of girls and so welcoming, not to mention amazing at what they do - we couldn't have asked for better. 






We spent approx 2 hours in the salon and after our treatments we proceeded to the relaxation room where we had some strawberry sorbet and ginger tea. At this point I didn't want to get out of my robe and slippers, it was heavenly! The Elemis brand was used for the facials (smells amazing) and we received a card with some product recommendations based on our skin type which was really helpful, I will definitely be investing in the eye treatment! 





We spent a bit of time in the town itself and headed to Courtney's for a bite to eat. For the day I wore my new mustard knitted top from H&M, white ripped skinnies from New Look and nude sandals from Strollers in Sligo. My trusty fedora hat from River Island tamed my bad hair day and that is also where I purchased my handbag. I also wore my new burgundy false nails from Penney's - I am loving this colour for Autumn/Winter












All in all it was a great day and I would like to thank Sonya for the invitation to her salon. I would highly recommend Zen for the perfect girly day out and I have linked their Facebook page below if you would like to check it out for more information.


Until next time,

Emma

x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig