Tuesday 13 January 2015

6 Key Items to have in your wardrobe



Hi guys,

I know there are probably hundreds of articles that state what you should and should not have in your wardrobe, so the 6 items I am going to discuss are the items I find I always turn to no matter what the situation or occasion, and the items I find that go with almost everything so they then end up as a vital basic in my wardrobe. In saying all that, lets get started ! :)



1.  Well fitted pair of jeans

I think that almost everyone has a pair of jeans in their wardrobe, but the question is are they the right style of jean for your body shape?   There are so many styles to choose from such as Skinny, Superskinny, Straight, Boyfriend etc, that it can be difficult to find the right pair that works for you.   I have given a brief description of these styles with links to a few different pairs, so hopefully that makes the task easier for you :)

Superskinny jeans work best for those that are of a slimmer frame, BUT, there are some (and skinny jeans are included in this) that can work for a lot of people as long as you find a pair that fits you well. I am a size 10-12 and wear a skinny jean, but only if it is a highwaisted style.  That way I am still dressing for my figure but making sure that the jean accentuates the right areas, and that is what it is all about. Not only that but your legs appear longer and your frame slimmer, reesult! If you are concerned about your tummy, then the high waisted style will suck you in, and its all about finding the right top then to balance the look.  I find that River Island are best for Skinny Jeans, as they usually have an extra bit of a stretch in them so end up fitting like a glove.  Does anyone have anywhere else that they religiously buy their jeans?  These Lana Jeans linked below from River Island are a fantastic fit on.  When I worked in River Island, I was always recommending them to customers and 99% of the time they ended up loving them! I have pictured below a black and denim colour.
















Straight leg jeans are a step up from the skinny jean in that they are a similar style, but aren't as fitted around the leg area.  They are ideal if you want a jean that is still neat, but at the same time a little bit looser. Ideal for hourglass and pear shapes.






Boyfriend jeans are shaped exactly as to how they sound.  They are normally baggy, and more often than not ripped around the knee area (My Granda always tell me that I have a part of my jean missing when I wear them haha).  This style definitely suits those that are tall and slim as they can normally be quite low on the waist meaning that your leg can appear shorter than what it is, but again, you can get some now in a high waisted style so they cater for nearly all shapes.






2. Leather Jacket

This is the one jacket that I throw on with everything.  You can wear it during the day with jeans, trousers, denim shorts or dresses, and then throw it on again at night if you are hitting the town.  I always think that leather jackets add a sort of grungy/edgy look to your outfit and they are a change if you are used to wearing blazers/cardigans etc all the time. A crisp white shirt, jeans and leather jacket is a combo you can never go wrong with. I love this one from River Island as it has a detachable fur collar meaning you can wear it all year round!











3. Fedora Hat

This is by far my favourite accessory, I wear them all the time and they instantly take an outfit from Primark to Prada!  If you take anything from this post, I hope that it is to buy one of these hats. At the start you do look in the mirror and think OMG, I look like a clown, but trust me when I say, have the confidence to wear it, and you will rock your whole look :) Style is all about putting your own twist on things and if you feel confident in something, you will look it, simple as :) I love this one from H&M pictured below







4.  Waist Belt

It is amazing the difference a waist belt can make not only to your outfit but also to your figure. You can wear them with dresses, put one on a pencil skirt, midi skirt, around a long cardigan, high waisted jeans, oversized shirt, the list is endless! A lot of people say to me in work when I am styling them that they can't wear waist belts, yes you can! You can create a waist with the right belt, and in turn change your overall look.  Penney's have a great range of them for only a couple of euro so you won't go wrong.

5.  Nude High Heel

A girl can never have too many shoes, but she should have a nude coloured pair.  I know a lot of people will have a black pair of heels that they always turn to, but nude is a favourite of mine and it also adds inches onto your leg.  No matter what you are wearing, or whatever the colour, you can be guaranteed that nude heels will go with it.  I have a pair from Office that I have pictured below, and I love them.  The patent shine gives them a sort of Louboutin effect, and they are a classic look that will never date.  It is always worth investing in a pair of heels that you know you will get wear out of for years.






6.  Leather Leggings 

We can't be forgetting about the leather leggings that I already mentioned in a previous post. Again, these are so versatile, they can take you from day to night, and can be worn with oversized shirts, tshirts, jumpers, white shirts and even t-shirt dresses. Maybe some of you will release your inner Sandy from Grease this weekend?! ;) Click HERE to see a pair I love from River Island.

So there ya have it, the key items that I can't live without in my wardrobe, and a few tips to help you along with yours.  I hope that you have all enjoyed the post, and now realise that when you have the basics, you can work round everything else.


Enjoy the rest of your week!

Emma

x










   













Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig