Wednesday 21 January 2015

Wearing the suit out of the office - Saturday Night's outfit

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a splendid week! :) I thought I would do a quick outfit post on what I wore Saturday night past. My sister and myself went for a few cocktails to Mc Gettigan's bar, but the night had to come to a halt when it started snowing, and we didn't want to end up stranded at 4am haha! It was still a fun night all the same, and I think any night out is what you make it, and also the company you are in :)

I decided after about 100 outfit changes to wear this two piece Navy and Black suit with leather detailing from Penney's. I had been looking for a suit for ages, but I wanted one that I knew I could add a sort of edgy twist to.  I wore it with this 'Tres En Vogue' t-shirt from River Island, and my favourite Valentino inspired heels from Dunnes. It wasn't very clear in the picture, but my clutch had a hint of lime green in it as I wanted to brighten the outfit up a bit. The suit is very comfortable and the jacket and trousers could even be worn as separates which is always a bonus :)        

I know a lot of you more than likely wear a suit 5 days a week, and the thought of wearing one outside of the office wouldn't cross your mind.  However, if you choose a style similar to the one I have bought, especially one with a fitted trouser, you could wear it Saturday shopping, Saturday night, Friday night drinks, whatever you prefer.

The key to making it that bit different/edgier is:

1. Make sure you don't wear a blouse you would wear to the office
2. Pair it with a statement t-shirt
3. Adding some statement jewellery is key, ie a large necklace, wrist cuff, glam earrings etc
4. It may seem obvious, but NO crocs ;)
5. CONFIDENCE :) :)

So, that is it for another post, I hope you all got a little inspiration as to how to re-work your suit, and now realise that it doesn't just have to be worn from 9-5 in an office environment. I have a good few posts to get caught up n now over the next few days so stay posted :)

Love,

Emma x






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig