Monday 25 April 2016

River Island High Summer Press Day


Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a good start to the week, Monday's are never easy to say the least! Last week I attended the River Island High Summer press day and I thought I would share a blog post showing you some of the beautiful items that will be making their way into stores over the next few months. 






There was lots of bright colours, pattern, prints and sequins - which is what the majority of my wardrobe is made up of so I was delighted haha! There were a few pieces I will definitely be lusting after and yellow seemed to be a recurring theme. I particularly loved this jacket pictured above and think it would be amazing paired with jeans and a statement t-shirt.






This lace detail maxi style dress would be beautiful if you are heading away on holidays as it could be worn during the day and then dressed up for night time with a pair of wedge sandals or heels. Colour blocking it with fuschia pink accessories would also be cool.






I am a big fan of 2 piece outfits and this denim combo has a very 70's vibe. I loved the wide variety of colours running through it and think they would even work as separates if you didn't want to wear the both together. I would love to match the jacket with a brightly coloured pair of cigarette trousers so if I find them, I might just have to invest in it!




I posted this sequin style to my Facebook - a lot of you seemed to love it aswell! :) Meet you all at the checkout?! The best thing is that they could also be worn as separates. The jacket would be lovely with white jeans and a plain top coming into summer and you could transition the shorts into winter by adding a pair of black tights. 




Sticking with the sequin theme, this tan long sleeve dress would suit a lot of shapes and the colours running through it are beautiful.




Denim is a trend that makes an appearance almost every season and there was a great variety between shorts and different styles of jeans and tops. I may be a bit biased because I worked in River Island for almost 3 years but I definitely think they are one of the best retailers for denim. They have a great selection to choose from and the fit is second to none. 




I fell in love with this denim patchwork bag!




Accessories wise there was lots of feathers and boho inspired pieces which you will see pictured below. This bikini set with the matching kimono is DIVINE!






The feathered headbands would be really cool if you are heading to any festivals this summer and the flat plimsoll shoes are ideal for holidays.




I think these teal lace up sandals were my favourite. They look comfortable and would be really nice with a leather a-line skirt or white jeans.







That's it everyone! I hope you have enjoyed the post and keep an eye out online or in store for the pieces if you have taken a fancy to any of them!

Talk soon, 

Emma

x












Share:

1 comment

  1. OMG! The dresses and footwear are so adorable. Jewellery is too good. I really liked this post very much. Keep sharing more stuff. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig