Sunday 22 May 2016

My new adventure!

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well and you had a nice weekend - it always goes in too fast! For those of you who have been following my snapchat (thefashionchair) you would have seen that I have been travelling to Galway over the past few weeks and now I can reveal why! :) 


I will start at the beginning as that's always a good place to begin! I didn't mention it on my social media at the time but at the end of January I left my job in H&M for something I thought would work out and unfortunately didn't. Not only that but I knew I wanted to dedicate every single day for the next few months to working on my blog, ticking London Fashion Week off my goal list, attending every press event I felt would be beneficial and I guess growing The Fashion Chair to a standard that I was happy with. People told me I was crazy to leave my job, have no back-up or a "set plan" and sometimes life doesn't work out as we had planned but that's ok, just make sure to do what YOU feel is best. I had a little faith that if I worked hard enough and tried my best, another opportunity would hopefully present itself at the right time. 


I have thoroughly enjoyed working full time on The Fashion Chair over the past few months and I look forward to creating more content for you all in this new chapter. I honestly couldn't imagine life without it! :) Whilst working on my blog, I applied for lots of different positions both in Ireland and London. I got a lot of rejections and felt a little deflated to say the least. I remember getting 2 rejection e-mails in the one day and thinking, well this is encouraging haha! What I learned from those rejections is that it's important not to give up and to have a little fire in you to know when to keep going - the point you feel like giving up is when you need to hustle a little harder!


I think that is enough of the very deep, motivational talk and so that brings me on to my good news! Over the last few weeks I have been travelling to Galway for several job interviews, Brown Thomas included which was a big honour for a country gal like me! I am so pleased to have accepted a full time position in Harper Boutique, a stunning store that stocks the most amazing of dresses for any occasion and I have included a few of their gems below. Their Facebook page which you can find HERE will provide you with an ample selection of the beautiful stock they have in store and without sounding bias, I highly recommend you head over and check it out if you have an event in the pipeline.







                     


My role will involve working on the sales front helping all you lovely ladies find the perfect dress and also on the social media/marketing side which is really exciting! I will also be based in Ellie & Dal which is their sister store and Martina who owns both stores is nominated for this years Galway Business Woman of the year so I wish her the very best of luck in the awards.  A number of celebrities for the recent VIP Style Awards were dressed in Ellie & Dal. 




I move down to Galway on Wednesday so I am like a headless chicken trying to get myself organised as this all happened within a few hours on Tuesday. It was very unexpected but I guess a little spontaneity never hurt anybody. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous as I have to start from the beginning again making new friends, fitting in etc (I hope!) but I am delighted to be bringing you all on this new adventure with me. Having studied in NUI Galway for 3 years, a part of my heart has always been there so it just feels like a second home. 

Thank you for always being such supportive followers, it means so much to me and I look forward to bringing you lots of updates from the Whest! If you are unsure about a current situation, I will leave you with the quote below.


Until next time,

Emma

x


Share:

3 comments

  1. Good Luck With Everything ! Change is always good & Galway is such lovely city :)

    https://alannahharrigan.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Alannah! :) I think you are right and I have always loved Galway which is an added bonus. Hope all is well! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that sounds wonderful!
    Im glad you found something interesting :)
    Its always scary to quit a job and start a new one, but sometimes its necessary.
    I hope everything will work out fine for you :)
    I found a horoscope today which says its time for a new adventure, so it seems like the stars are with you :D

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig