Thursday 19 November 2015

U Magazine Style School & Winning Best Dressed



Hi Everyone,

A few weeks back, I attended U Magazine's Style School. I had always wanted to attend and it just so happened I was in Dublin that day for an event with INSON FASHION AGENCY so everything tied in nicely. U is one of my favourite magazines to read and the fact it is Irish makes it even better. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Aisling on her new role as Editor, very well deserved! :)




The event took place in the stunning Marker Hotel and to say I was blown away would be an understatement, I felt like I had died and gone to hotel heaven! Everything from the reception to the bathrooms were exquisite and at that point, I knew it was going to be a good night! Xpose do a lot of their filming on the hotel grounds so it was great to have a nosy around and see what it is like in real life. The hotel is situated near the Docklands so I can only imagine that the views from the bedrooms are unbelievable!


















I had my flats on from walking from the other event, so it was a quick dash to freshen up and put on my high heeled booties. Before the night begun, there was lots of mingling in the foyer, No.7 goodie bags being distributed (they were amazing, thank you again U!), prosecco on standby, makeovers being done and photographs being taken for what I assume will be U Magazine's latest issue which I must pick up come to think on it! Everyone looked amazing and I loved checking out all of the style.










We then proceeded into the room to take our seats and each one had a copy of U magazine sitting on it of course! ;) Aisling the editor welcomed everyone and explained what would be happening throughout the night. 



First up was International Stylist Courtney Smith and I just LOVE this lady! She is so down to earth, approachable and her style would be very similar to my own - perhaps we are long lost sisters?! What I liked was that her talk was very real, she told it as it is and how she got to where she is today. It honestly felt like an informal chat with a friend and she reassured us all that if you work hard and persist persist persist then eventually, you will reach your end goal. Sheer determination and love for what you do is really important, especially in the fashion industry as it isn't as glamorous as what it is portrayed to be. She also had a mini fashion show and talked us through the key items she cannot live without in her wardrobe and it was all really enjoyable - the models could have given Kendall Jenner a run for her money that's for sure! 





No.7 Make-up artist Judy Wong then gave a few demonstrations and that was very useful as I learned lots of tips, especially on strobing as that's a technique I think a lot of us struggle with. She also talked about finding the perfect red lipstick and how to work with paler skin. She was absolutely hilarious and such a pleasure to listen to, I think she was a comedian in another life! She also had a really quirky sense of style and you just know that if you approached her on the counter you would have a great laugh whilst getting your face done! She certainly knows what she is talking about and below you can see her in action!





There was a few spot prizes to be won and I was shocked but delighted to have won best dressed! My outfit was completely last minute and when they had announced they were scanning the audience for a winner I thought "Oh no, I should have made more of an effort!" The room was full of stylish, glamorous ladies so it was a real honour to win. Everything I was wearing is Penney's last year, my coat was from Tesco but there is one pretty much the exact same in Penney's at the moment. My prize was a No.7 gift set worth €200 so I have no excuse not to be gleaming over the Christmas period! :)


 





All in all it was a fantastic event and I thoroughly enjoyed myself so well done to everyone involved and thank you. Events like this make the 4 hours travelling worth while and hopefully I will get to attend another Style School in the new year. As always I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I have a midi skirt collaboration on its way so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for reading and until next time,

Emma

x























Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig