Wednesday 25 November 2015

Christmas Party Dress Lookbook *


Hi Everyone,

Well done for making it half way through the week whoohoo! I am delighted to finally get this post live. I had a major crisis last week as I lost all of my original photos so it was a process trying to restore them again - technology definitely drives me crazy at times! Not to worry though because all is well again and I still have some hair left ;)


This is a Christmas Party Dress Lookbook based on a few pieces from Promise Boutique in Mc Elhinney's department store. I hope it will provide some inspiration for any of you that are looking for something nice to wear for the festive season. I don't normally wear dresses so it's nice to be posting something different :) My stunning hun bun hair is the result of sleeping in that morning and coming straight to Mc Elhinney's from work, so if you just ignore that and look at the pretty dresses ... it would be much appreciated! Haha.

It was definitely a challenge to narrow it down to only a few dresses and I think I was in the fitting rooms for at least 2 hours trying everything on - I considered this as my exercise for the week / month! Ladies, I am sure you will agree with me when I say that trying on clothes and sometimes shopping in general is HARD WORK?! This is why I call it a sport but I suppose it is a fun one at that!

I think everyone loves to have at least one special dress for Christmas whether that be for Christmas day, Christmas eve drinks, St. Stephen's night celebrations (my fave) or New Years. I have one particular dress that I bought a few years ago and it is black and gold. Without fail, I wear it every winter but in particular around December as it has a real festive vibe to it. Here's hoping it still fits this year! If not I will have to invest in some shaping underwear to suck in all the lumps and bumps and I talked about the garments that do this in previous post which you can find HERE

I chose dresses that differed in shape and colour so that I could provide a good variety and I know that everyone has different tastes - wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same! The best thing is that almost all of the dresses can be worn with either a black or nude sandal / court heel. Instead of confusing you all with links, all you have to do is click on the picture and that will direct you to the website where you can find out more information on sizing, price etc. 

I think if I haddd to choose a favourite, it would be the first dress and I featured this on my Facebook page as a teaser for the post (I'm so bold like that!) ;) A lot of you seemed to like it also so that is always a bonus. I liked it because it gives you thee most amazing shape, I felt like bursting into a Beyonce song when I tried it on, not gonna lie! ;) It's a combination of glamour and elegance and that's what I love. It's also very hard to resist a bit of sparkle around this time of year!























 




















 
















I took a picture of these skater style dresses at Mc Elhinney's party wear event and I think they are stunning! If anyone has a Christmas wedding or ball, these would be ideal. Leah who is part of the Mc Elhinney's team had the red one on for the event and she looked like she had just come from the Oscars! Just fab :)

So that concludes my party dress lookbook! I hope you have enjoyed it and the task of finding the perfect Christmas dress is now a little less daunting! Let me know if you have a favourite look! :) 

Until next time,

Emma

x





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig