Wednesday 10 June 2015

Red Lip & Nude Eye Make-up Look




Hi Everyone!

What an amazing day !! :) It is so good to finally see the sunshine. It makes me either want to go away on holiday, have a barbeque or go to a beer garden, anyone else feel the same? Today's post is based around my make-up look on Saturday night. I haven't really done a post like this before, so no time like the present!


I was wearing a black and white jumpsuit and wanted to keep the look really classy so I went for a statement red lip which never dates in my opinion.

Firstly, to prep my skin I used my Soap and Glory cleanser and then moisturised using the Boots Vitamin E moisture lotion – this stuff is so good for under your make-up as it leaves a really radiant, healthy glow.







Foundation wise I wore my L'oreal Lumi Magique which I am loving these days and applied it with my Blank Canvas F20 brush. Normally I would wear MAC on nights out, but I really like the glow to this foundation so I will be sticking with it for a while!











For my eyebrows I used my Rimmel eyebrow pencil and I have been using this years. It is a really good colour for those with dark features, and the little brush is handy for brushing those flyaway hairs into place.






I wanted to keep my eyes really simple and understated so my Naked Palette came to the rescue as always. I used the colour 'Smog' all over my lid, and then blended a little bit of 'Half Baked' into the outer corner of my eye. Instead of using an eyeshadow brush, I use an eyeshadow blending brush for both colours, I find this works better to make sure you don't have any harsh lines. Mine is from H&M and it works great.










Eyeliner wise I used the Rimmel Soft Kohl pencil and then the Exaggerate liquid liner.









One of my all time fave red lippies is No.7 Love Red, it is amazeballs!! I have gone out for a three course meal and when finished, didn't have to top up my lips in the slightest, they were the exact same as to when I first applied it. It also glides on really well and leaves a matte finish which means you can trick people into thinking your teeth are whiter than they are haha ;) It is a beautiful shade of red and lasts a long time which is an added bonus.








Maxfactor's false lash effect was the mascara that I used, and I have yet to find another that I love so much. It leaves my lashes really dark, thick and long (but not spidery) so they better not discontinue this product!




Superdrug's Solait Maxi Bronzer in 'Golden Glow' is what I use to contour my cheekbones (whilst trying to find them) haha. It is a really nice colour and compliments either fair or dark make-up. I apply it with a wide angled contour brush that was part of my sister's Make-up Kit that she received from L.A. Make-up Academy when she was training to be a make-up artist.





All of the products listed above can be found in most chemists/stores nationwide & below you will find the links to my reviews on some of the items featured.

Hope you enjoyed the post!

Emma

x

Cleanser:


Moisturiser : 


Mascara : 


Foundation : 


Foundation / Brush : 











































































Share:

1 comment

  1. Great post! I love the look of the eyebrow pencil. I use a gel at the moment, but looking for something for more of a day time look. Might try this!

    Eve xo

    http://anorganisedscatterbrain.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig