Tuesday 28 June 2016

Judging Miss Donegal - What I wore

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a great week so far. I was sifting through my blog posts and realised that I never documented what I wore as one of the judges for Miss Donegal. I remember it was around the time I had been moving to Galway and things were a little crazy but hey, better later than never! 

It was such an honour to be chosen as one of the judges and it was very exciting to be a part of it all. The event took place in the stunning Radisson Blu hotel and the room was so tastefully decorated.



We had a really difficult task to narrow it down to only one winner and after hours of deliberating we got there and couldn't be happier with our unanimous decision. Miss Grainne Gallinagh was crowned Miss Donegal and I have every faith that she will do amazing in Miss Ireland. Not only is she a beautiful girl but she had the personality to compliment it along with being very authentic and genuine. Each judge had to ask the finalists one question each and the answers that stood out the most for us meant we were able to pick our stunning top 3 which you can see pictured below. 



I was in a bit of a panic last minute looking for something ultra glam to wear and Nicola from the Sequin Cinderella boutique who was also a judge on the night very kindly came to the rescue. I don't normally wear black but I loved the fit and style of this dress and felt it was nice and glamorous for the event. It was really comfortable to wear and you can check out Nicola's boutique HERE. She has some beautiful pieces in stock. I decided to curl my hair using a thick barrelled wand and wore a classic red lip. 



I wore my nude heels from Office which are a life saver as they go with everything. They also look very similar to the Christian Louboutin pigalle style but minus the red heel and price tag of course haha. You can see them HERE

My tan was B-perfect cosmetics and if you would like to read my latest review on this product you will find it HERE

The event was organised by the beautiful former Miss Derry / Miss Earth Northern Ireland Dearbhla Walsh and her family. Her sister Aoibheann of award winning salon G&G and brother, local hero Davitt Walsh were the hosts of the show for the night. They done a phenomenal job and not only looked the part but kept the audience entertained.  I have MC'd a fashion show before & know how tough of a job it can be but Aoibheann and Davitt were the perfect duo! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dearbhla and her family for such a wonderful night and to wish Grainne the very best of luck on her Miss Ireland journey.




Until next time,

Emma

x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig