Sunday 10 January 2016

Winter Florals


Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and there aren't too many sores heads today! I am back in the swing of outfit posts again (cannot wait until my new camera arrives next week) and I am basing this post on a collaboration with the insanely talented Maire from MMC designs.

 
I wanted to show that you can wear floral, brightly coloured midi skirts even though it's January and I have styled the skirt in 3 different ways.Maire is a Dublin based Irish designer and dressmaker and I was beyond excited when she offered to custom design me a midi skirt as they are one of my favourite items of clothing to wear. Maire is without a doubt one of the loveliest girls I have worked with to date and the skirt is everything I imagined it to be and more! We talked about the style of skirt I had in mind, colours, length etc and within a few weeks Marie had the masterpiece handmade and posted to Donegal! Below you will see a few examples of her work and I think it is clear to see that they speak for themselves!
















Maire even made her own Debs dress ... isn't it amazing!!



I am OBSESSED with the colour of this skirt, it would be amazing with a hint of pink during the summer.

I love to bring a bit of individuality to an outfit as it would be a boring place if we were all the same. This skirt will be beautiful in the summer aswell with a crop crop or silk cami but for now, I wanted to provide some inspiration on how to wear it during the colder months as many people think on this style of skirt as a garment that can only be worn when its sunny (mild in Ireland!) Below you can see some looks I put together and the black booties are my most recent purchase from Penney's ... I just love them! :) With the black t-shirt look, a plain leather jacket would be perfect to complete the outfit. It was so cold that day that I forgot to take a photo wearing the jacket, although that is pretty ironic as you think that would be the first thing I would think on haha.
































I hope you have enjoyed reading the post and took a little inspiration from it. Maire has kindly offered that followers of TheFashionChair can redeem a €30 discount on a midi skirt handmade to measure should you be interested in one. You can also follow Maire on Facebook (HERE) and Instagram  (HERE) and I would like to say thank you once again for creating the nicest midi skirt I own and probably will ever own! :)

Until next time,

Emma

x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig