Thursday 21 January 2016

Highlights of 2015 & the launch of my new website!


Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my brand new website! I am so excited to reveal the new layout and I hope you all love it as much as I do. I now have a new found respect for anyone that works in website design/coding as it can be beyond confusing at the best of times! Back to the title of this post ... I always like to reflect on the year that has passed as I find that you don't realise how crazy of a year it has been until you write everything down - positives and negatives.

In this post, I have done a brief re-cap of my 2015 highlights as January marked my first year blogging and I had no idea the year would turn out like it did. It honestly baffles me to think I have a combined social media following of 20,000 so I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have stuck around for this long. Without my readers the blog wouldn't exist and for that, I am always grateful!



January marked the start of my blogging journey and I will never forget the feeling I had in my stomach - it was a mixture of nerves, excitement, more nerves and anticipation. It was always something I wanted to do but I knew that I should wait until I had graduated from Uni so that I could have the time to fully commit to it. I now know that if I didn't wait that I would more than likely still be in Uni trying to finish my degree! Haha. In my own opinion, I think that January is a great time for setting new goals and taking that first step to achieving them so keep that in mind, there's still 10 days left!




Not long after I set up The Fashion Chair, I started working in H&M in March. It feels a bit surreal to write that considering my last day with the company is next Wednesday. If you are looking to progress in retail and are willing to work hard, H&M is the company for you as they offer amazing opportunities to grow and develop as an employee. Personally, I have worked for almost 6 years in retail and now feel it is time to move on. I have other plans in the pipeline for this year and it also means I can fully commit to the blog to create the best content possible!

















It was always a dream of mine to organise and hold my own fashion show and in May I finally made the dream a reality. A lot of people thought I was mad for taking on the whole event on my own but I am always up for a challenge! ;) Proceeds were donated to the Donegal Hospice and I will admit that it was an extremely stressful few months but it was a great learning curve and experience. You can see a few photos from the night above and if you would like to read about the event in full you can do so HERE






June marked my first blog collaboration and this was really exciting as it finally felt like I was getting my feet off the ground. Get That Trend provided me with this lovely jumpsuit and heels and then Kim Kardashian went and stole my look, not impressed!! Haha.





I have always heard of pictures/videos going viral but I definitely did not think it would ever happen to me! Haha. Around the time of the Galway Races, I shared this picture of a girl who had attended and simply because I thought she looked amazing! I remember going to make a cup of tea after I had posted the picture and when I checked my phone again I could not believe the response within a few minutes! It was a really exciting few days and it turns out the girl is the daughter of well known dress boutique Rosie's Closet so definitely check them out on Facebook!





I shared a little outfit selfie to celebrate being longlisted for 'Best Fashion Blog' in the Irish Blog Awards in August and this was a real honour as I wasn't even expecting to get nominated!








September was without a doubt my favourite month (I wouldn't have been saying this a few years ago when I was in school!) and all because a dream I have had for many years came true ... featuring on Xpose. I was part of the Trend Tackler panel for 3 slots and this is where you give your verdict on a few different outfits the stylist has put together. This was an experience I will never forget and an opportunity I was and (still am) so grateful for.







September also marked the month when I met one of the biggest names in the Irish Fashion Industry - Sonya Lennon. It was an honour to talk with her and get some words of wisdom.








In November I attended U Magazine's Style School and it was such a fun event! I was honestly shocked to have won best dressed as there were so many beautiful, stylish ladies in the room. As one of my favourite Irish reads, I was chuffed to have featured in the magazine.





December ended the year with a trip to London to meet Vlogger sensation Estee Lalonde (blog post on this to follow within the next week) and I also hosted my first beauty event which I loved as it was a change from always focusing on the fashion end of things.

I hope you all have a happy, successful and healthy year ahead - I've a feeling it's going to be a good one for everyone! :) 

Emma x








































Share:

1 comment

  1. I really love your self confidence and style. I also love the details about your beginnings. Starting a website or a blog is much more difficult than most people think. It takes a lot of confidence and determination to really make it work. I am sure that your new website is going to be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig