Monday 16 March 2015

Welcome to the H&M family!

Hi Guys & Gals!

I have been really busy over the past few days, so I haven't had much time to be writing but today I am back in the swing of things! :) I thought I would start off the week by doing a quick outfit post on what I was wearing last Saturday night, and also give you all a little update on my life so to speak as I have now started a new job with H&M! :)






One of my gal pals and myself had a 30th birthday party to go to, so we stopped off at Arena Seven before hitting the town. It was a nice change as normally we would just have a few drinks and go straight to the club. All in all it was a brilliant night, and there were no sore heads the next day which was an added bonus!

I really wanted something new to wear, but didn't have any time to go shopping so I had to do a bit of mixing and matching with what I already had. In the end up, I opted for my printed silk shirt and mustard leather pencil skirt from DV8. I teamed it with my Valentino inspired heels from Dunnes, (surprise surprise),a belt from River Island that came with an old pair of trousers and a clutch from Pull &Bear which happened to be mustard and black, so it co-ordinated perfectly with everything!






Being honest, I was convinced that my skirt was going to burst when I tried to get into the taxi as I felt like I was waddling like a duck in it, but nevertheless that never happened so luck was on my side haha. (Think it is a sign to lay off the bread for a while though) 


I opted for a smokey eye and nude lip as I wanted the outfit to do the talking seeing as there was a lot of colour in the shirt. I used Catrice no10 lipstick and it is brilliant for a nude lip (Review coming soon) My Urban Decay Naked Palette was used for the smokey effect and as always, my Penneys false lashes came to the rescue to complete the look. 





Mustard and Royal Blue is a fave colour combo of mine.



 


With all that being said, the purpose of the night out was to celebrate my new job and I am absolutely delighted with being a part of the H&M team. There is a lot of training at the start, so the last few days have been based around that, but I feel right at home and everyone is so encouraging and supportive which is great. It is safe to say that I am excited for the next few months, and I look forward to what will hopefully be a rewarding career with the company. 

When I left my job in River Island, I felt like a part of who I was also left. I had made a decision to take a leap of faith with a new job, obviously in the hope that everything would work out for the best. Although that didn't happen and the vision I had planned didn't go accordingly, I knew that down the line something would come up that would give me back my spark again, and looking back it all happened for a reason. That may all sound very dramatic, but it all stems from finding your passion in life and loving every minute of it. I know it is only early days yet, but I have a good feeling for the next few months. I have got my mojo back, I am in a job that I absolutely love and my little blog is growing from strength to strength. Just remember that life is too short to not be doing what makes you happy, and before something great happens, everything else falls apart.




It goes without saying that I will be blogging some of the looks from H&M on a frequent basis, so stay tuned for many different outfit hauls. I have already seen an abundance of clothes that I want, roll on payday!!


That's all from me for today and I hope that you all had a fandabbydosey weekend!


Emma
Share:

1 comment

  1. It’s a really great post! Can’t wait to see the next one!)
    And I like your blog very much!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig