Monday 23 March 2015

March - floor outfit of the month !

Hi Everyone!

How is the dreaded Monday going? I am in a great mood as the sun is shining, I finished work early and I have a Costa fruit cooler to keep me company whilst blogging! :)


Today is the first post of my floor outfit/outfit building section which I am excited about, and I am kicking it off by discussing the white jeans and shirt dresses combo which I love, especially seeing as we are coming into summer. A dress? With jeans? YES! It works believe me, its just all about how you style it. Interested in how you could work it?! Then keep on scrolling down ;)

 
I paired the outfit below with a pair of mule sandals, fedora hat & bright orange handbag to bring out the colour in the dress. A fedora hat completes any outfit, but looks particularly good when paired with a shirt dress - it is a sort of boho look that you can't go wrong with. In the winter (Ireland all year round), a pair of ankle/chelsea boots would also be perfect.

Jeans & Fedora - River Island
Handbag & Shoes - Penneys
Belt - Missguided last year
Necklace & Dress - Penneys last year



White jeans are something that nearly everyone loves to wear in the summer, so why not funkify your look by wearing a shirt dress over them! You could wear it in the following ways:

  • Buttoned to the top with/without a belt & necklace
  • First few buttons open with/without a belt
  • Completely unbuttoned (with a top/statement tee underneath obviously haha), perhaps a necklace & belt 
  • Top & bottom buttons undone with the middle section buttons closed 

I would recommend wearing a belt to add a bit of structure to your outfit, as shirt dresses tend to be quite oversized. Below you will see three different shirt dresses from River Island that you could easily wear with white jeans or a light denim skinny for that matter. The floral one is my fave! :)







The amount of jewellery you wear with the outfit will depend on how much pattern is in the dress. I put a statement necklace with the floor outfit as the colours in it brought everything together. It's a personal choice at the end of the day, but just remember that everything from shoes to accessories should compliment each other.

If this is an outfit that you decide to try out, let me know or send me a picture, I would love to see your take on it :) As a final note, don't forget the two most important accessories - a smile and confidence because you look fabulousss!

Until next time lovelies,

Emma

x



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig