Sunday 17 September 2017

I'm back - where I was, what I will be up to & an outfit post featuring DV8! #sp



Hi everyone!

Long long time no speak. I cannot believe it is March since I last posted - where that time went, I do not know. Firstly I would just like to apologise to all of you for neglecting The Fashion Chair and my social media over the last few months. It simply came to a stage where I felt I had to take a step back, see where I was going with it and then put a plan into action for going forward so ... that's what I have done and it feels great to be back in the swing of things again! :)



For those who do not know, I have left Galway and now reside in my roots of good ole Donegal! I was working as a Personal Shopper and Store Trainer in Debenhams but left at the end of June and now study a diploma in Digital Marketing. I felt this would help me immensely in developing The Fashion Chair and the ideas I have for it which I cannot wait to share with you all. Galway has and always will be my second home as I spent so much time there through the years. It is an amazing city and will always hold a special place in my heart (as cheesy as that sounds) If the right opportunity came up down the line, I definitely wouldn't say no to heading back to the Whest!


So, that is what you will find me doing Mon-Fri and then every second Saturday starting end of September, I will be flying back and forth to the London School of Styling to study a diploma in Fashion Styling. I cannot put into words how excited I am!!


 Styling is my passion and an area I have wanted to progress into for years so whilst I was putting a plan into action for the next few months, I had to give myself a good shake so to speak. I think we are all guilty of waiting for "the perfect time" to make a start on achieving a goal and truth be told, there is no such thing. Granted I probably won't have a life for the next few months and I know some people will probably think I am mad doing 2 diplomas in 2 different countries at the one time (I don't do things by halves haha). I am so excited to be able to bring you all along with me on my trips to London via social media and even though it will be mostly flying visits, I do plan on staying for a weekend or two so I will keep you all updated!



As far as I can remember, it was around the time I took the break that my columns were released. So for anyone local, you can catch me in The Leader newspaper and also their sister magazine - Style and Life. I still pinch myself every time I open either print and see my articles so thank you once again to Ann Marie and the team for giving me an opportunity I've always dreamed of.


My outfit in this post is from DV8 and I have linked all items below. I know it is coming to the end of white jean season but if you would like to invest in a pair for next summer, I would highly recommend these.



I am very fussy when it comes to white jeans as it's so hard to find a pair that fits well when you're curvy but these were great as they are a stretch fabric, very comfortable and aren't see through. I will definitely be wearing the bell sleeved top with my black leather trousers over the next few weeks and I think it could also be nice tucked into a skirt.



TopHERE
JeansHERE
Heels : No longer available but nude would also be lovely HERE



As a final note I would just like to thank you all sincerely for sticking around over the last 2 and a half years. Your support and messages never go unnoticed and I feel very lucky to have such lovely followers.



The main social platforms I use are Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat so you can follow my daily antics @thefashionchair - it's
good to be back!! :)


Until next time,

Emma

x.









Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig