Friday 2 October 2015

Meeting Sonya Lennon from Frock Advisor



Hi Everyone,

It's FRIDAY which means we have made it to the end of another week, well done! I had originally planned for this post to be live on Tuesday, but when I got the news about Xpose I had to run around like a headless chicken and get everything sorted. Better late than never as they say so here is the low down on attending Mc Elhinney's trend weekend where I had the privilege of meeting Sonya Lennon.






Mc Elhinney's had a range of events on from the Thursday to the Saturday as you can see from above and Sonya was in store on Saturday. She was very approachable and absolutely lovely to talk to. When I arrived to Mc Elhinney's there was a great atmosphere and everyone was thoroughly enjoying themselves. Around 3pm, Sonya gave a talk based on the essentials every woman should have in their wardrobe and she also gave some very useful tips as to updating your look. What I loved about her talk was that it was very direct and the experience she had gained over the years definitely shone through. Sonya had everyone engaged in what she was saying and gave clever examples when demonstrating a specific point.






Sonya has been in the fashion industry for over 25 years and comprises a wealth of knowledge. Not only is she a Fashion Stylist and TV presenter, but she is also a columnist in The Irish Times, works alongside Brendan Courtney as a designer (Lennon Courtney for Dunnes Stores) and most recently developed Frockadvisor the app with Brendan also. I remember in my school days watching Sonya present 'Off The Rails' on RTE and little did I think that a few years later I would have the opportunity to meet her in person. 


Sonya and Brendan Courtney


What is Frock Advisor you ask? It is a social platform/app that primarily focuses on promoting independent retailers so that they can reach a new audience in a cost-effective, easy and engaging way. Sonya had said in an interview with RTE when the app was first released that "You see something you like, you post it and your retail community tell you what they have that's the same or similar. And, if you can't find a visual, tell them in a text what you want - those purple shoes, that dress with sleeves, and they'll post you back pictures of a match. In the centre of FrockAdvisor there is fashion content channel in your hand, covering everything that falls under our 'Six Style Senses' - fashion, hair, make-up, jewellery and scent"

If you click HERE you will see a short clip of Sonya talking a bit about the app.

 Pictured below is one of my favourite dresses from the Lennon Courtney collection for Dunnes Stores. Monochrome is a classic trend that will never date and I can imagine that it is an amazing fit on.



Buy HERE





It was lovely to finally meet fellow Donegal blogger Zara Mc Daid. Such a lovely girl who is doing fantastic for herself and deserves all the success that comes her way.  What I love about blogging is that it introduces you to so many like minded people and you already feel like friends before even meeting as a result of the interaction on social media.





I was working in the morning before heading to the event so it was a quick change and I wanted to wear something simple but stylish. It is hard to go wrong with a crisp white shirt (which actually belongs to my mum and she got it in Dunnes Stores a few years ago) It is rare you see me without a fedora hat so I wore my tan one from River Island to blend in with my leopard print heels from Penney's.

I noticed these boots on Leah who is part of the Mc Elhinney's team and fell in love with them. The suede effect is amazing but I particularly like the design of the heel. A block, chunky heel makes the shoe a lot more comfortable and for me, that is a necessity with winter boots as they are something you will be wearing all the time.

Buy HERE

That's all from me for today, as always I hope you enjoyed this post and don't forget to download the app if it is something you are interested in.

Talk soon,

Emma

x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig