Friday 9 October 2015

October Style Series




Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well and Happy Fridayyy! This is the first post of my 'Style Series' section and it will feature on the blog once a month. I will pick a highstreet store, style an outfit and hopefully you can take some inspiration from it. Styling is my number one passion so I hope you enjoy this new section as much as I love working on it! :)


This entire outfit is from New Look and I have gone with a Nude and Burgundy theme as they are two of my favourite colours for Autumn / Winter and I think you can mix and match once you have the staples. 


I am in LOVE with this camel boyfriend style coat . It would go with absolutely everything and I think that a faux fur stole around the neck would complete the look . It would also be perfect for keeping you extra warm in the Winter. This is a coat you could wear to work, Saturday shopping, as an extra layer for a night on the town - it is so versatile and at €39.99 you couldn't go wrong.


I love statement t-shirts and I thought gold and burgundy was a nice combination that would blend in well with the coat. The asymmetric style is really unusual and a great tactic for making you look tall and lean. Not going to complain about that!  I have the outfit matched with these leather style trousers but the t-shirt is definitely something you could wear with jeans, a skirt etc. 



Leather trousers / leggings are a staple for your wardrobe as you can wear them with anything from a jumper to a long top to a shirt etc and what drew me to this particular pair was the zips on either side. I think this brings an extra bit of detail to the outfit and they are a real biker chick look! 

No outfit for me is complete without a fedora hat  (not to mention they are a Godsend for the bad hair days!) I am rarely seen not wearing one and it's because I think they bring an outfit together and make it that little bit unique. They can be a little daunting at first but believe me, once you have one go at wearing them your confidence will grow and sooner or later you will be putting them on without even realising! :) 


Fringing is huge this season and what better way to introduce it into your outfit than with a fabulous pair of shoes! I love these ankle strap pointed heels  as they radiate a real funky vibe. Personally, I wouldn't be a huge fan of fringing but I do like to inject it into my look with accessories and it's all about what works best for you. If you want to dress head to toe in the trend then by all means go for it! Style is all about expressing who you are and there is nothing more refreshing than seeing someone with a little individuality.



Last but by no means least, the crocodile print tote bag  is without a doubt my favourite item from the look. I originally thought dark green would be a nice combination with the burgundy but my mind then changed when I came across this handbag. I think the black tassel keyring is ideal for bringing all the colours in the outfit together, it is a nice little accessory to add to the bag and it also matches the fringing on the shoes. I don't know about anyone else but I like my handbag to be big enough so that everything but the kitchen sink can fit into it! So, if you are like me...this one is ideal!  



I hope you all enjoyed this post and let me know if you purchase anything!! :)

Talk soon,

Emma

x




































Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig