Thursday 9 November 2017

Afternoon Tea at Harvey's Point!


Hi everyone,

Happy Thursday! I am so excited to see Friday in sight. As I am not in London this weekend, my plan is to stay in my onesie (although I could be tempted to head out on the town) and eat everything that is bad for me! No change there to say the least haha. Has anyone any exciting plans? 

The purpose of tonight's blog post is to talk things all afternoon tea related! I was very kindly invited into Harvey's Point to try it out and having already been a fan of the hotel, I was very excited to see what was in store.


 Firstly, I just wanted to share a few pictures of the grounds of the hotel for those of you that may not be familiar with it as it is an absolutely stunning hotel and I am sure if any of you have been, you will agree. My first visit there was for my 16th birthday and it has just clicked with me that was nearly 10 years ago - now I feel old!! :(




I was allowed to bring a friend with me and I chose my best friend - my mum! She had never been for afternoon tea before and I thought it would be a lovely way for us to spend a Saturday together. October had been the busiest month for me to date and it was so lovely to get dressed up and relax for a few hours.  There just so happened to be a wedding on the same day so there was a nice buzz surrounding the hotel. We were brought to our seats which were by the window and I love nothing more than a window view so the day was off to a great start. We were overlooking the entire lake and from that point, it was the most relaxed I had felt all month so I was a very happy gal! 


As you will see from the picture of the menu below, we were given a wide change of teas to choose from and went with wild berry which was lovely. I don't normally drink green tea so it was a nice change and complimented the sandwiches and scones really nicely. There was a great selection of treats to choose from but my favourite had to be the scones which were delicious. 

All in all, it was a brilliant day and I know that mum really enjoyed herself too. I think it's a lovely way to do something different or a great idea as a Christmas gift? I will definitely be returning in the New Year so thank you to Sheila and the team at Harvey's for a fantastic day - everything from the staff to the service was excellent. 

       

The best part? They have very kindly given me afternoon tea for 2 to giveaway on The Fashion Chair! I will be running that competition next week so make sure to keep an eye! Enjoy your weekend. 

Until next time,

Emma

x







































Share:

2 comments

  1. Emma, I hope you dont mind me sharing this fantastic article, Harvey's Point is one of my very favourite places to visit, I try to tell everyone about it and encourage them to visit, by sharing your post it will give friends a chance to see just what I find so magical, and such beautiful photos too, I do visit quite often but hadn't actually seen the outside terrace, Now I have to try that out, I always like to sit in the window as well, recently I was at a Charity Tea Party and a helicopter landed with wedding guests, great excitement !!.At 76 years old I have never eaten out on Christmas Day but this year my disabled son is going to visit me from England, he loves Harvey;s Point too so I have booked us in for Christmas lunch. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful article and for sharing the photos. Gill Marseilles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill! Thank you so much for your lovely comment. It really is a lovely hotel. You will have to try out the afternoon tea some time soon! Enjoy your Christmas lunch, I have no doubt it will be beautiful and Happy Christmas in advance. Emma. X

      Delete

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig