Thursday 18 August 2016

24th birthday celebrations - What I wore



Hi everyone!

I hope you are all well. It has been a month or so since I last sat down to write a blog post and truth be told, I felt that I lost all my motivation and determination to keep going. Working does get in the way of course but I have picked myself back up again and feel more than ready to get back into the swing of things.  It was my 24th birthday at the end of July and if you want to find out the details on what I wore then keep on reading :)

Firstly, I didn't want to turn 24 AT ALL. The only way I could see it was that the following year I I will be 25 and then half way to 50. It's a ridiculous logic I know and I think I have (finally) come to my senses haha! 

I didn't expect to have the day off work but I did and my mum and sister arrived down so that we could spend the day together. I started the day off by going to the hairdressers and getting a whopping 7 inches taken off my hair! It needed a serious cut and I have always loved the shorter, blunt style so thought why not. I went to Kimberly in David Martin's salon and she was brilliant. It is very hard to find a hairdresser that actually listens to you and does what you want so I couldn't have been happier. It is also a stunning salon and everyone was really friendly which makes the experience all that nicer. 




As it was race week, I wanted to go for something I wouldn't normally wear on a night out and it was very last minute finding an outfit but I opted for this silk top and midi skirt from Born. I absolutely love this store and they have such a selection that I went into the fitting room with around 20 items! I knew I could wear them as separates again and the skirt was really comfortable. They are a very small fit and I went up 2 sizes so never go with what is written on the label.


Penney's came to the rescue for matching accessories and I wore my navy heels from Greene's to bring out the navy in the skirt. We ended up going to the Radisson for the night and it was honestly unbelievable! If you get a chance to go to the races next year make sure to head there and you won't regret it. I think everyone on snapchat knew it was my second home for the week haha! 

Make-up wise I went for a really smokey look with a nude lip. I think it is really hard to go wrong with this style as it goes with almost every outfit and practice makes perfect when it comes to doing your eyes. I used my Naked Palette from Urban Decay and my favourite lip combination at the minute is MAC myth lipstick and Rimmel liner in "Cappuccino". P.S. I think the leopard print pj's are what really make this photo haha!





St. Moritz mousse is the tan I always wear. It's a really nice dark shade (without being orange) and as it is a mousse takes only minutes to apply. It also dries really quickly which is an added bonus! I also applied my favourite Golden Goddess oil from Cocoa Brown, it is amazing!



That is everything chicas! Now that I have finished this post I have fallen back in love with blogging again and I will be back with lots more posts in the coming weeks. Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Until next time,

Emma

x








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Fashion Chair | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig